LANDIS, ROWAN COUNTY - Police in Landis accuse a Rowan County school bus driver of allowing student to smoke marijuana on the bus.
30-year-old Brian Davis Overcash is charged with four counts of misdemeanor contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
Assistant Principal Matt Krome of Corriher-Lipe Middle School contacted police and said several students on the bus were smoking pot after Overcash completed his route.
Krome said bus drivers are required to stop and call 911 if they witness a crime. Overcash told investigators he saw the students smoking, but said there was no point in stopping because they would deny it.
Overcash's status in the Rowan County jail wasn't immediately available Friday, and it's not known if he has an attorney.
- Updated North Korean ministries plotted Kim's death, spies say
- Updated NAACP to hold news conferences announcing boycott
- Updated Bergdahl lawyers will ask U.S. Army court to dismiss case
- Trayvon Martin's death five years later
- NC Emergency Management Reps in Snow Hill to help with recovery applications