KINSTON - Kinston police respond to an armed robbery call at the Golden China Buffet on W Vernon Avenue.
An employee told officers a black male, armed with a handgun, entered the restaurant just after 10 Saturday night and demanded money.
The employee gave the suspect an undisclosed amount of cash from the register.
The suspect is described as being between 20 and 30 years of age and wearing all black with a white hat.
There were no customers in the restaurant at the time of the robbery. No one was injured.
Police are investigating.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend