FARMVILLE, PITT COUNTY - Police have released a photo of the man they say robbed a bank in Farmville Thursday morning.
According to investigators, the man entered the Southern Bank at 4217 E. Church St. at about 10:45 a.m. Thursday, then handed a note demanding money to a teller. There is no word on how much money was stolen.
No weapon was displayed, police said. Five employees were inside the bank at the time, but they were not injured.
Police said the suspect was in and out of the bank very quickly, and escaped on foot. He is described as a black male who is about 6-foot-3. He was wearing gray sweat pants with cargo pockets on the sides, a tan hat, a black jacket with a British flag on the front and red stripe down the sleeves, and a pair of black and white gloves.
Anyone with information on the suspect is asked to call the Farmville Police Department at 252-753-4111.
- New New Bern Police arrest man in early-morning shooting
- New Report of rabies reported in Cape Carteret
- Updated White House effort to justify travel ban causes growing concern for some intelligence officials
- New Response to drug activity leads to arrest
- Caught on video: Plane's landing gear collapses in Amsterdam