GREENVILLE - Police say the pit bull that attacked two women has been turned over to Greenville by the owner.
Sergeant Friday with Greenville Police said since the owner turned over the pit there will not be a hearing. After the 10 day quarantine the city will decide what to do with the dog.
The dog, named "Sunny", attacked the women just after 10:30 Tuesday morning on Farmville Boulevard in Greenville.
Witnesses said the women were bitten on the arm, legs and chest area. The pit bull is in custody and is being observed for rabies.
The man handling the dog was cited for a leash violation. A witness said the man jumped in to save the women and used his broom to fight off the dog.
The dog could be put down or banned from Greenville city limits.
- Updated Orlando hospitals won't bill survivors of Pulse nightclub shooting
- Updated 12 killed in Kabul university attack
- Heroin laced with elephant tranquilizer hits the streets
- Clinton blasts Trump attacks on foundation
- New waterfront park and boat access is symbol of recovery, dedication planned Saturday