GREENVILLE - Police say the pit bull that attacked two women has been turned over to Greenville by the owner.
Sergeant Friday with Greenville Police said since the owner turned over the pit there will not be a hearing. After the 10 day quarantine the city will decide what to do with the dog.
The dog, named "Sunny", attacked the women just after 10:30 Tuesday morning on Farmville Boulevard in Greenville.
Witnesses said the women were bitten on the arm, legs and chest area. The pit bull is in custody and is being observed for rabies.
The man handling the dog was cited for a leash violation. A witness said the man jumped in to save the women and used his broom to fight off the dog.
The dog could be put down or banned from Greenville city limits.
- New Eyewitness claims woman threw kittens from moving car
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal
- Demolition date set for old New Bern Days Inn