SPRING LAKE, N.C. - A North Carolina man faces kidnapping and attempted murder charges after one man was shot while being held hostage with two children.
Spring Lake police say authorities caught the suspect by ramming cars into his sedan as he tried to escape Friday.
Police say a woman escaped with one child early Friday morning after several adults began arguing. During a standoff with police, a man was shot three times. Harnett County Sheriff Larry Rollins says the hostage-taker eventually let the injured man leave, followed by one child and then the other child.
Neither child was physically harmed.
Authorities charged 22-year-old Bradley Campbell with attempted murder, five counts of first-degree kidnapping and possession of a firearm by felon. It wasn't known Friday if he has an attorney.
- Carteret Co. Sheriff's Office investigating murder-suicide
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County