SPRING LAKE, N.C. - A North Carolina man faces kidnapping and attempted murder charges after one man was shot while being held hostage with two children.
Spring Lake police say authorities caught the suspect by ramming cars into his sedan as he tried to escape Friday.
Police say a woman escaped with one child early Friday morning after several adults began arguing. During a standoff with police, a man was shot three times. Harnett County Sheriff Larry Rollins says the hostage-taker eventually let the injured man leave, followed by one child and then the other child.
Neither child was physically harmed.
Authorities charged 22-year-old Bradley Campbell with attempted murder, five counts of first-degree kidnapping and possession of a firearm by felon. It wasn't known Friday if he has an attorney.
- Updated On Mexico trip, Trump leaves press stranded
- Updated Supreme Court refuses to restore voter ID, reduce early voting days
- Updated Infantry training building aboard Camp Geiger named for fallen Marine
- Updated Lara Trump visits Eastern North Carolina to support father in law
- Updated Preparations for first ECU home game underway