SPRING LAKE, N.C. - A North Carolina man faces kidnapping and attempted murder charges after one man was shot while being held hostage with two children.
Spring Lake police say authorities caught the suspect by ramming cars into his sedan as he tried to escape Friday.
Police say a woman escaped with one child early Friday morning after several adults began arguing. During a standoff with police, a man was shot three times. Harnett County Sheriff Larry Rollins says the hostage-taker eventually let the injured man leave, followed by one child and then the other child.
Neither child was physically harmed.
Authorities charged 22-year-old Bradley Campbell with attempted murder, five counts of first-degree kidnapping and possession of a firearm by felon. It wasn't known Friday if he has an attorney.
- New Was New Bern first in America to celebrate George Washington's birthday?
- Updated New Bern stab victim says he was accused of stealing drugs
- Updated Reports: Dolphins acquire TE Thomas from Jaguars
- Updated Trade of Cousins to Pelicans becomes official
- Updated Small plane crashes near Melbourne's Essendon airport