A man was arrested on Tuesday for allegedly stealing more than $80,000 from a medical research company in Greenville.
According to police, Daniel Martin Kavanaugh, 63, of Winterville, was working as an office manager for Provia, LLC between March, 2011 and November, 2012. During that time, he allegedly embezzled $83,545 from the business.
Investigators said Kavanaugh used the company's credit cards to steal $71,825.05. He also allegedly wrote $8,735.23 in checks for himself and others, and stole computers valued at $800.
Kavanaugh was charged with four counts of embezzlement. He was being jailed under a $150,000 secured bond.
- Carteret Co. Sheriff's Office investigating murder-suicide
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday