A man was arrested on Tuesday for allegedly stealing more than $80,000 from a medical research company in Greenville.
According to police, Daniel Martin Kavanaugh, 63, of Winterville, was working as an office manager for Provia, LLC between March, 2011 and November, 2012. During that time, he allegedly embezzled $83,545 from the business.
Investigators said Kavanaugh used the company's credit cards to steal $71,825.05. He also allegedly wrote $8,735.23 in checks for himself and others, and stole computers valued at $800.
Kavanaugh was charged with four counts of embezzlement. He was being jailed under a $150,000 secured bond.
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Amid Zika fears, Florida theme parks offer mosquito repellent
- Vandemere Waterfront Park reopens five years after Hurricane Irene destruction
- Stand Up Outfitters 5th annual Colonial paddle board race