MOREHEAD CITY, CARTERET COUNTY - Police said they do not suspect foul play in the death of a man whose body was discovered in Morehead City Thursday morning.
Because no foul play is believed to be involved, NewsChannel 12 has taken down the name and photos of the victim to respect his family.
According to investigators, a woman was feeding ducks near the Crystal Coast Visitors Center on Arendell Street when she discovered the body in some bushes in front of a boat dock at about 10:50 a.m. Thursday.
Investigators said they believe the body had been there since Wednesday night.
Police said they found the man's identification near his body. His home is listed as being less than a block from where his body was found.
The man's cause of death is unknown, but investigators said they do not suspect foul play.
The Crystal Coast Visitors Center has a popular boat ramp on the Morehead City waterfront. Many residents use the area for lunch on a regular basis. They expressed shock over a body being found in such a popular place.
"It's not something you'd expect to see down here, not in this environment," said resident Sheila Croom.
- One person injured in Greenville shooting
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating