An elderly man was found dead in his Greenville home Tuesday evening, police said.
Officers said newspapers were piling up at the home on 2069 F Quail Ridge Road, prompting a neighbor to check on the man's welfare. The neighbor discovered the body in the kitchen at about 4 p.m. Tuesday.
Because the man's family had not been located, police could not release his identity.
Police said it's unknown how the man died until an autopsy is performed on Wednesday. But officers are treating the case as a death investigation. According to police, the door to the home was slightly open.
- Updated FBI probes newly discovered emails tied to Clinton case
- Updated Greenville to begin work on Arlington Boulevard starting Sunday
- Updated State Board of Elections investigating possible voter fraud in Onslow County
- Updated NCAA will now give money for academic achievements
- Updated After shut down, Vine's smartest stars have a backup plan