HANOVER, Md. - Police in Maryland say a North Carolina man left his 98-year-old mother alone in his truck at a casino parking garage for nearly five hours.
Anne Arundel County Police say 67-year-old Dwight McGinnis Jr., of Raleigh, is charged with vulnerable adult neglect.
Officers received a 911 call at about 6:35 p.m. Monday about McGinnis' 98-year-old mother in the truck. Police say the woman, who uses a wheelchair, was alone with no food or water. The truck had arrived at the Maryland Live! Casino garage at about 1:45 p.m. Officers say the air temperature was 81 degrees.
Authorities say paramedics gave the woman water and found that she was not in medical distress.
Police say they contacted the woman's son by cellphone at about 7:15 p.m. and he went to the car.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend