HANOVER, Md. - Police in Maryland say a North Carolina man left his 98-year-old mother alone in his truck at a casino parking garage for nearly five hours.
Anne Arundel County Police say 67-year-old Dwight McGinnis Jr., of Raleigh, is charged with vulnerable adult neglect.
Officers received a 911 call at about 6:35 p.m. Monday about McGinnis' 98-year-old mother in the truck. Police say the woman, who uses a wheelchair, was alone with no food or water. The truck had arrived at the Maryland Live! Casino garage at about 1:45 p.m. Officers say the air temperature was 81 degrees.
Authorities say paramedics gave the woman water and found that she was not in medical distress.
Police say they contacted the woman's son by cellphone at about 7:15 p.m. and he went to the car.
- Updated Kinston teen receives national award
- Updated Kinston Zumba instructor wins award, gets studio makeover
- Updated Democrats: WH contact with FBI an 'outrageous breach'
- Vidant Beaufort Hospital sets visiting restrictions for children
- Mexican-born NASCAR driver Daniel Suarez in the Daytona 500 spotlight