JACKSONVILLE - A Jacksonville man was arrested after police said he popped a wheelie, and refused to stop for officers, leading them on a chase through the city.
According to police, at 8:00 p.m. Friday, officers saw Steven Parra, 19, on one wheel traveling North on Gum Branch Road towards Henderson Drive. When officers tried to pull Parra over, he allegedly didn't stop and took off down the road, weaving in between traffic.
Officers had to stop the pursuit due to a high volume of cars in the area. A short time later a traffic complaint lead to Parra's arrest. Police found him and the motorcycle behind Convergys on Western Boulevard Extension.
Parra is charged with aggressive driving, unsafe movement, flee/elud arrest, speeding and reckless driving to endanger.
He was posted on a $6,000 bond.
- Law enforcement investigating deputy-involved shooting in Ayden
- Updated 9-year-old girl dies following head on car collision
- Woman sent to the hospital following car crash with log truck
- Updated Manchester Arena attack: 8-year-old girl among the dead at Ariana Grande concert
- Cops and Barbers event set for Tuesday in Greenville