JACKSONVILLE - A Jacksonville man was arrested after police said he popped a wheelie, and refused to stop for officers, leading them on a chase through the city.
According to police, at 8:00 p.m. Friday, officers saw Steven Parra, 19, on one wheel traveling North on Gum Branch Road towards Henderson Drive. When officers tried to pull Parra over, he allegedly didn't stop and took off down the road, weaving in between traffic.
Officers had to stop the pursuit due to a high volume of cars in the area. A short time later a traffic complaint lead to Parra's arrest. Police found him and the motorcycle behind Convergys on Western Boulevard Extension.
Parra is charged with aggressive driving, unsafe movement, flee/elud arrest, speeding and reckless driving to endanger.
He was posted on a $6,000 bond.
- Updated Christopher Suggs takes action against gun violence in Kinston
- Updated Eerily quiet: 38 days of near-silence for stocks
- Updated Chris Brown arrest adds to troubled history
- Updated Predicted rainy forecast forces high schools to move more games
- Updated Poll: Clinton favorability slides to equal Trump