Fayetteville, WTVD - Cumberland County authorities have filed additional charges against a local daycare owner for allowing her sex offender boyfriend to live with her, while she ran a babysitting business inside her home.
Investigators said between June 30 and July 31, 52-year old Yvonne Monroe allowed her boyfriend, 56-year old Theodore Brazell to live with her while she babysat two children.
Monroe owns "Mema's Daycare," located in the 5100 block of Utile Drive in Fayetteville.
Brazell, who is a sex offender, was arrested on July 27 for failing to register his new residence, and for living too close to a school and other daycares in the area. He is being held under a $386,000 bond.
Monroe is being held in the Cumberland County Detention Center. Bond has not yet been determined.
Investigators ask anyone with knowledge of other children that Monroe may have exposed to a registered sex offender while in her care to contact the Cumberland County Sheriff's Office at (910) 323-1500.
For more information, visit WTVD
- Defenseless internet 'paying the price' for ignoring security
- Updated Here's how peanut butter snacks may save endangered ferrets
- Updated Canadian nurse accused of killing 8 nursing home residents
- Craven County Schools among those recognized for top graduation rate honors
- 'No kids with special needs?' Mom fights talent scout who rejected son