HAVELOCK, CRAVEN COUNTY - More than 20 teens were charged with underage drinking over the weekend, along the mother of one of the teens, who was charged with supplying the alcohol.
41-year-old Rosemary Talley was arrested early Sunday morning at her home on Legacy Lane in Havelock.
She is charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor, selling or giving alcohol to underage and maintaining a dwelling for use of a controlled substance.
Talley told police she was in her bedroom the entire time and did not know 30 teenagers were inside her home drinking alcohol.
- New Eyewitness claims woman threw kittens from moving car
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal
- Demolition date set for old New Bern Days Inn