SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS - An ECU student and another teen who went missing over the weekend have been found safe.
According to Edenton Police Chief Jay Fortenbery, 19-year-old Rob Bunch (pictured left) and 16-year-old Nicholas Beaman, both of Edenton, were found Tuesday in San Antonio, Texas. Both teens are safe, Fortenbery said.
San Antonio Police found the pair at a McDonalds. The juvenile is being held in custody as a runaway. Rob Bunch is being released. Their parents are making arrangements for pickup.
Police began searching for Bunch and Beaman after they were reported missing on Saturday, Nov. 23. Investigators said they believed the two were heading to Corpus Christie, Texas, to see a girl.
Authorities said they were able to trace the teens' cell phones to Texas.
Bunch is a student at ECU, according to school officials. Beaman is a student at John A. Holmes High School in Edenton.
- Updated Southwest pilots reach tentative deal with airline after 4 years of talks
- Updated NC DOT's Ferry Division prepares for tropical system
- Updated Tropical storm warning, small craft advisory issued for Carteret County
- Updated Hershey crashes 11% after chocolate merger talks end
- Updated Chicago, aka 'Chi-raq' likely to top 2015 in number of shootings