DURHAM, DURHAM COUNTY (WTVD) - The mother of a 4-year-old boy who was reported missing Wednesday night said her son was asleep in a closet the whole time.
An AMBER Alert was issued for Ari Yanitan Aguilar-Castillo overnight after he was reported being taken by a white 45-year-old man wearing a white shirt and a red hat.
His mother said she thought someone she did not recognize and was hanging around outside was involved in her child's disappearance.
She also said her family, along with police, had looked inside the house, including the closet, for the boy, but did not see him because they believe he was under some clothes.
Officials canceled the AMBER Alert shortly after he was found.
Further details surrounding the incident have not been released at this time.
For more information, visit WTVD.
- Michelle Obama fires up North Carolina crowd for Hillary Clinton
- Updated Kids get swine flu from pigs at state fairs, CDC reports
- Updated Wildlife sanctuary searches for owl lost duirng Hurricane Matthew
- Updated Dems can't get enough of FLOTUS -- and Clinton knows it
- Updated Haley 'not a fan' but will vote for Trump