CAPE CARTERET, CARTERET COUNTY - A minor traffic stop Saturday morning led to three woman being charged with having hard drugs, according to Cape Carteret Police.
Officer E. Born and Sgt. B. Mitchell stopped the vehicle at about 11 a.m. and had a suspicion that drugs were in the vehicle, according to a news release.
Police arrested 37-year-old Danica Cox, of Newport, on charges including felony possession of heroin, felony possession of cocaine, and possession of marijuana.
Michelle Benfield, 37, also had cocaine and marijuana, police said.
Cherri Queen, 48, is also facing charges of possession of cocaine and marijuana, police said.
Both Queen and Benfield are from Wilmington, according to police.
All three are due in court on Monday.
- Defenseless internet 'paying the price' for ignoring security
- Updated Here's how peanut butter snacks may save endangered ferrets
- Updated Canadian nurse accused of killing 8 nursing home residents
- Craven County Schools among those recognized for top graduation rate honors
- 'No kids with special needs?' Mom fights talent scout who rejected son