ONSLOW COUNTY - Police in Onslow County are looking for two motorcyclists who escaped officers in a high-speed chase.
Authorities say the two were with a Marine who, on another motorcycle, at first sped away from police but then pulled over after being clocked at 130 mph.
It all started on Highway 17 in Holly Ridge.
Police say they got word about 6 p.m. Sunday that three motorcyclists were driving dangerously.
A Holly Ridge officer spotted the group in question and tried to pull them over, but they took off, according to Holly Ridge Police Sergeant Keith Whaley.
After a winding chase, 27-year-old Greyving Palma, an active duty Marine, did pull over near Highway 17 and Dawson Cabin Rd., police said.
Palma is facing charges including felony flee to elude, careless and reckless driving, failure to stop, illegal passing, and 130 mph in a 55 mph zone.
The motorcycle Palma was driving has been seized due to North Carolina's "Run and You're Done" law.
- Updated Orlando hospitals won't bill survivors of Pulse nightclub shooting
- Updated 12 killed in Kabul university attack
- Heroin laced with elephant tranquilizer hits the streets
- Clinton blasts Trump attacks on foundation
- New waterfront park and boat access is symbol of recovery, dedication planned Saturday