ONSLOW COUNTY - Police in Onslow County are looking for two motorcyclists who escaped officers in a high-speed chase.
Authorities say the two were with a Marine who, on another motorcycle, at first sped away from police but then pulled over after being clocked at 130 mph.
It all started on Highway 17 in Holly Ridge.
Police say they got word about 6 p.m. Sunday that three motorcyclists were driving dangerously.
A Holly Ridge officer spotted the group in question and tried to pull them over, but they took off, according to Holly Ridge Police Sergeant Keith Whaley.
After a winding chase, 27-year-old Greyving Palma, an active duty Marine, did pull over near Highway 17 and Dawson Cabin Rd., police said.
Palma is facing charges including felony flee to elude, careless and reckless driving, failure to stop, illegal passing, and 130 mph in a 55 mph zone.
The motorcycle Palma was driving has been seized due to North Carolina's "Run and You're Done" law.
- Tornado watch for most of Eastern NC canceled
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal
- Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms