WARSAW, DUPLIN COUNTY - Police said they are searching for a gunman who reportedly shot a man as he was walking down a Duplin County highway.
According to the Warsaw Police Department, the victim told officers he was walking along Highway 50 towards Kenansville at about 12:11 a.m. Wednesday. That was when a white older model car with tinted windows pulled up next to the man. Someone inside the vehicle then asked the man for his name, and after he replied, he was shot in the thigh, the victim told police.
The victim said he was then able to walk to a church for help, and was taken to Vidant Duplin Hospital. Police said he is expected to survive.
The victim's identity has not been released. Investigators said they are working to confirm his story.
At last check, no arrest had been made. There is no word on a motive. Anyone with information can contact the Warsaw Police Department at 910-293-7816.
- Updated Special Weather Statement
- Updated Mark Cuban: My players can join national anthem protest
- Updated Pence debate prep: More traditional than Trump's, practicing with Scott Walker
- Updated CDC releases new guidance on Zika and sex
- Updated Howard Dean apologizes for 'innuendo' in cocaine comments