WARSAW, DUPLIN COUNTY - Police said they are searching for a gunman who reportedly shot a man as he was walking down a Duplin County highway.
According to the Warsaw Police Department, the victim told officers he was walking along Highway 50 towards Kenansville at about 12:11 a.m. Wednesday. That was when a white older model car with tinted windows pulled up next to the man. Someone inside the vehicle then asked the man for his name, and after he replied, he was shot in the thigh, the victim told police.
The victim said he was then able to walk to a church for help, and was taken to Vidant Duplin Hospital. Police said he is expected to survive.
The victim's identity has not been released. Investigators said they are working to confirm his story.
At last check, no arrest had been made. There is no word on a motive. Anyone with information can contact the Warsaw Police Department at 910-293-7816.
- Updated NBA rookies say Kinston's Ingram will have best career
- Updated Trump lifts ban on media outlets, at least for pool duty
- New Silver alert issued for missing Washington woman
- Updated NJ Gov. Christie vetoes $15 minimum wage
- Updated Cadillac exec spills company strategy ... in the comments section of a blog