JACKSONVILLE - A man is arrested after allegedly running from police and trying to hit an officer with his car.
Saturday, police went to the Triangle Mobile Home Park in Jacksonville for a call of an impaired person. When they arrived, the suspect, 22-year-old Edward A. Gibson, allegedly ran from the police south down US Highway 17.
Police said they deflated the suspects tires with stop sticks. The suspect allegedly tried to hit one of the deploying officers with his car. The pursuit ended when Gibson's car became disabled.
Gibson is charged with assault with a deadly weapon on an officer, felony speeding to elude, DWI, and possession of drugs.
His bond was set at $27,000.
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County
- Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County