GREENVILLE - A Pitt County man was arrested Saturday after he allegedly stole a car from an assisted living center, crashed it, and then ran from police.
Greenville Police arrested 34-year-old Demetrius Lashawn Wrighton in the area of Arlington Boulevard and McGregor Downs Road.
Wrighton allegedly ran from police into nearby woods where he was later arrested.
Police said the car he crashed was taken from Golden Living Center. The owner has since claimed the car.
Wrighton had more than a dozen charges. They include larceny of a motor vehicle, DWI, resisting an officer and identity theft. He is being held under $402,000 bond.
- Updated Aftershocks after 2 powerful quakes in central Italy
- Updated Calais Jungle: Children have 'nowhere to go'
- Updated Apple expected to launch first MacBook Pro in 4 years
- Updated After one alleged attack reported, more follow in UW-Madison sex assault case
- Updated Clinton turns to local radio in her campaign's final days