NEW BERN, CRAVEN COUNTY - New Bern Police are investigating the case of a man shot near Nikki's Bar & Lounge, on Bern Street.
Telly Miles, 39, was treated at a hospital for minor gunshot wounds, police said.
The incident happened at approximately 2 a.m. Saturday.
Miles said he left Nikki's Bar & Lounge with his friends. He said as he was getting into the passenger side of a car he heard gunshots.
"I saw the glass shattered. I got in the car, shut the door, and the glass fell in the car. I was like 'we got hit they shot at us'. Then we drove off. I looked at my arm and it was bloody. We went straight to the Emergency room,"Miles said.
Miles was released from the hospital.
Miles said he was at the bar with friends and walked
No one has been arrested.
- Vietnam Traveling Memorial Wall arrives in Morehead City
- NOAA predicts above-average hurricane season for 2017
- Couple watches in horror as kittens tossed from moving car, run over
- Havelock Police, high school students explore the horrors of drunk driving
- State natural, cultural sites and military discounts for Memorial Day