NEW BERN - Police busted a man for allegedly trying to pass himself off as a deputy during a traffic stop.
A New Bern Police officer on Friday pulled over Johnny Schmidt.
Police say Schmidt, 35, pretended to be a Pamlico County Sheriff's deputy during that stop.
Schmidt is not a deputy, police said.
The Havelock man is now charged with impersonating an officer.
- Tornado watch for most of Eastern NC canceled
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal
- Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms