NEW BERN - Police busted a man for allegedly trying to pass himself off as a deputy during a traffic stop.
A New Bern Police officer on Friday pulled over Johnny Schmidt.
Police say Schmidt, 35, pretended to be a Pamlico County Sheriff's deputy during that stop.
Schmidt is not a deputy, police said.
The Havelock man is now charged with impersonating an officer.
- FBI probes newly discovered emails tied to Clinton case
- Updated Greenville to begin work on Arlington Boulevard starting Sunday
- Updated State Board of Elections investigating possible voter fraud in Onslow County
- Updated NCAA will now give money for academic achievements
- Updated After shut down, Vine's smartest stars have a backup plan