FAYETTEVILLE, CUMBERLAND COUNTY - Investigators say a 27-year-old Rockingham man has been shot to death as he tried to run away from three men who kidnapped him at a Fayetteville gas station.
Police said two of the suspects got into Errol Williams' car at the gas station around 4:45 a.m. Sunday and forced him to drive away while the third man followed in a different vehicle.
Authorities say Williams tried to run away at some point and was shot and killed.
Investigators have surveillance footage of the crime from the gas station and are trying to identify the suspects.
Police didn't say if the victim knew the men who kidnapped him or gave a motive for the crime.
- New Two adults arrested, charged with encouraging, enticing children's fight
- Updated Clinton: Trump's 'final target is democracy itself'
- Updated House Dems expand map as super PAC targets Montana
- Updated Child abducted in North Carolina, Amber Alert issued
- Updated GOP schedules RNC member call as Election Day approaches