BEAUFORT, CARTERET COUNTY - Police said a man has admitted to stabbing two women in front of four young children in Carteret County.
According to investigators, 21-year-old Aaron Colten Smith stabbed 27-year-old Erika Isaacs, of Beaufort, and 27-year-old Pamela Reyes, of Hillsbourough, at about 8:13 p.m. Sunday. The stabbing happened at Issacs' home, at 518 Turner Street in Beaufort.
Officers said when they arrived at the scene, they found Smith standing on the front porch in a blood-soaked shirt. Smith then admitted, "It's their blood, I f***ed up," according to a police report. Smith continued to say that he was Issacs' boyfriend and had lived with her for two months before stabbing her, the police report stated.
Police found the stabbing victims inside the home. They were taken to Carteret General Hospital, where they were treated and released, investigators said.
Four children, between 4 and 9 years old, were inside the home at the time of the stabbing, police said. They were taken to a relative's residence.
Smith was charged with assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury. He was being held without bond. Smith's first court was scheduled for Monday.
- Updated Local pharmacist recommends ways to save on EpiPens
- Updated Chicago police move to fire officers in Laquan McDonald shooting
- Updated NBA rookies say Kinston's Ingram will have best career
- Updated Trump lifts ban on media outlets, at least for pool duty
- New Silver alert issued for missing Washington woman