GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - A man has been charged for allegedly embezzling thousands of dollars from an OB/GYN office in Greenville.
According to the Greenville Police Department, 33-year-old Dana Lassiter was arrested on Thursday and has been charged with three counts of embezzlement. Investigators said Lassiter stole about $14,000 from Carolina Women's Physicians, P.A., located at 2414 Emerald Place in Greenville.
Police said Lassiter embezzled the money between July 2011 and July 2013. He no longer works at the office.
Lassiter has been released on bond. He was scheduled to have his first court appearance Friday.
- Updated Big reward offered in local breaking and entering case
- Updated Scientists discover coin-sized night frogs in India
- Updated SpaceX aborts space station docking
- New Doctor says coyote followed him into work
- Divisive rhetoric from leaders like Trump, Duterte threatens human rights, Amnesty says