GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - A man has been charged for allegedly embezzling thousands of dollars from an OB/GYN office in Greenville.
According to the Greenville Police Department, 33-year-old Dana Lassiter was arrested on Thursday and has been charged with three counts of embezzlement. Investigators said Lassiter stole about $14,000 from Carolina Women's Physicians, P.A., located at 2414 Emerald Place in Greenville.
Police said Lassiter embezzled the money between July 2011 and July 2013. He no longer works at the office.
Lassiter has been released on bond. He was scheduled to have his first court appearance Friday.
- Tornado watch issued for most of North Carolina
- Updated Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Updated Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms
- Demolition date set for old New Bern Days Inn
- New Bus driver charged in Greenville Boulevard crash that killed man