GASTONIA, GASTON COUNTY - Authorities have charged a Gastonia man with first-degree murder after the say he beat another man to death and dismembered him with a hacksaw.
According to investigators, 33-year-old Brian Scott Hord was charged Wednesday morning. Police said he used a hammer to beat Richard Lee Gentry to death on Tuesday and then dismembered the body with a hacksaw in an attempt to hide the body.
Arrest warrants say Hord and Gentry lived together in the same apartment, and that the 68-year-old Gentry was confined to a wheelchair and had only one leg.
Hord made his first court appearance on Wednesday. He is being held without bond in the Gaston County jail. It's not known if he has an attorney.
- NOAA predicts above-average hurricane season for 2017
- Couple watches in horror as kittens tossed from moving car, run over
- Havelock Police, high school students explore the horrors of drunk driving
- Facility for developmentally disabled gets overhauled kitchen
- Coast Guard to use air units in search for local fishing crew