RALEIGH, WAKE COUNTY - A Cary man has died after falling from a tree in Raleigh while demonstrating tree-climbing equipment.
Police spokesman Jim Sughrue said 26-year-old Robert William Kearns died at about 7 p.m. Saturday. A witness said Kearns was about 30 feet in the air when he slipped from his harness and fell.
Sughrue said there was no indication of foul play.
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Clinton Foundation official plays defense over accusations
- Updated Richlands Piggly Wiggly owner dies in his Emerald Isle home