SALISBURY, N.C. - Authorities in Salisbury say a man is jailed in connection with the attempted rape of a real estate agent.
Police say 49-year-old Brian Harold Cooper of Granite Quarry faces several charges, including attempted first-degree rape and first-degree kidnapping. He is being held in the Rowan County jail under a $1 million bond.
According to Salisbury police, the assailant pulled a knife on the agent inside a home she had arranged to show him and threatened to kill her.
Before they went to a second house they were scheduled to see, the agent said she needed to call her office. During that call, she used a predetermined word to tell her co-workers she was in distress. Officers later apprehended Cooper at his home.
Cooper was scheduled to appear in court Wednesday.
- Tornado watch for most of Eastern NC canceled
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal
- Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms