SALISBURY, N.C. - Authorities in Salisbury say a man is jailed in connection with the attempted rape of a real estate agent.
Police say 49-year-old Brian Harold Cooper of Granite Quarry faces several charges, including attempted first-degree rape and first-degree kidnapping. He is being held in the Rowan County jail under a $1 million bond.
According to Salisbury police, the assailant pulled a knife on the agent inside a home she had arranged to show him and threatened to kill her.
Before they went to a second house they were scheduled to see, the agent said she needed to call her office. During that call, she used a predetermined word to tell her co-workers she was in distress. Officers later apprehended Cooper at his home.
Cooper was scheduled to appear in court Wednesday.
- FBI probes newly discovered emails tied to Clinton case
- Updated Greenville to begin work on Arlington Boulevard starting Sunday
- Updated State Board of Elections investigating possible voter fraud in Onslow County
- Updated NCAA will now give money for academic achievements
- Updated After shut down, Vine's smartest stars have a backup plan