Jacksonville - A Richlands man was arrested Saturday morning for allegedly assaulting a person in their own home in Onslow County.
Jacksonville Police arrested Willie Jermel-Abner Brown for the crimes of burglary, robbery, assault with a deadly weapon, 4 counts of obtaining property under false pretenses, and felony possession of stolen property.
Jermel-Abner was arrested in connection for a residential burglary that occurred earlier in the week in the Carolina Forest area.
He is being at the Onslow County Detention facility under $200,000 bond.
Additional charges are pending.
- Updated Tornado watch continues for most of Eastern NC
- Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal