GREENVILLE - One man is under arrest after he tried to rob the Sweepstakes Internet Café in Greenville, according to police.
At 4:30 a.m. Sunday, police responded to the business at 2362 Stantonsburg Road. When they arrived they saw a man quickly leaving the area. A manager of the sweepstakes business flagged down the officers and advised they had just been robbed.
The manager told police the suspect implied he had a weapon and demanded money. The suspect did not take any money.
Police arrested 22-year-old Derwin Deron Harrell and charged him with attempted robbery with a dangerous weapon. Harrell's bond is set at $150,000.
- Carteret Co. Sheriff's Office investigating murder-suicide
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County