Kinston, Lenoir County - Kinston Police are trying to solve a cold case murder that happened five years ago.
Investigators say Ray Suggs was shot and killed outside his Kinston home in the early morning of July 14th, 2008. Investigators said two men approached Suggs near his back porch, ordered him to the ground, robbed him and shot him in the back of the head.
Commander Rick Harrell of the Kinston Department of Public Safety said five years later, someone will remember something to lead them to his killer.
Witness descriptions helped police come up with a sketch of the man they said shot Suggs.
Friends and neighbors are also hoping someone will come forward with information.
"Somebody knows something, but people probably don't want to say it," Jimmy Aytch, a neighbor said.
"Ray was a sweet guy," Randy Rhodes, a friend said. "[He was the] kind of person that lights up when they see you."
Anyone with information on the case is asked to call police.
- Updated Microsoft expected to launch a Surface PC, Windows 10 updates
- Updated Calais Jungle: Fires rage in migrant camp
- Updated What it takes to work at a haunted house
- Updated Clinton attends Adele concert, singer says 'I am 100%' for her
- Updated Dreamworld accident: victims of theme park tragedy named