CHARLOTTE - Charlotte-Mecklenburg police are looking for the driver of a car who fled the scene of a collision in which two people were killed.
Witnesses told police the suspect ran through a stop light Saturday morning, and the car's lights were not on. The witnesses said the driver fled the crash scene on foot. Police said officers and K-9 units searched the area for the driver of the Ford Mustang but were unable to locate the suspect. At this point, police believe the driver was the only occupant of the Mustang.
Police spokesman Ofc. Keith Trietley said two people inside of the sedan were killed, while a third person was taken to the hospital. Their names have not been released pending notification of their families.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend