NEWPORT - A Carteret County sports bar lost its ABC permit because of "numerous violations," according to Newport Police.
Bottoms Up Billiards & Sports Bar was required to surrender its ABC permits according to a release from the Newport police chief, Jeff Clark. It was dated for November 8, 2013, but sent on November 9 at 12:13 in the morning. Bottoms Up is located on Highway 70.
The release cites violations for the suspension such as drug arrests in the parking lot, a stabbing on October 6, and numerous management issues documented by North Carolina Alcohol Law Enforcement.
It's unclear when the bar's permit was surrendered in the release, or what specifically the violations have to do with alcohol law in North Carolina. However, the release does state management failed to cooperate with police during the investigation of the October stabbing.
The victim in that stabbing was taken to the hospital with serious injuries.
- Election law doesn't care if Trump (or Clinton) ever concede
- Obama admits to laughing at Trump during debates
- How the GOP's first female presidential campaign manager manages Donald Trump
- Trump campaign launches nightly 'newscast' on Facebook
- More than 20 killed in attack on Pakistani police academy