A Jacksonville man is accused of animal cruelty in Tennessee.
According to the police report, Jesse Evans, 24, and Amber Fenton, 22, of Virginia, were arrested Wednesday.
Officers said the pair left a pit bull puppy in their car for about 30 minutes at a mall in Kingsport, Tennessee.
The air temperature was 77 degrees, but investigators said it was much warmer inside the car.
Officers said the puppy was found unresponsive and dehydrated.
Eventually, the suspects returned to their car, and officers were able to get the dog out.
It was treated at an emergency clinic and released to a local animal shelter.
- Vietnam Traveling Memorial Wall arrives in Morehead City
- NOAA predicts above-average hurricane season for 2017
- Couple watches in horror as kittens tossed from moving car, run over
- Havelock Police, high school students explore the horrors of drunk driving
- Facility for developmentally disabled gets overhauled kitchen