A Jacksonville man is accused of animal cruelty in Tennessee.
According to the police report, Jesse Evans, 24, and Amber Fenton, 22, of Virginia, were arrested Wednesday.
Officers said the pair left a pit bull puppy in their car for about 30 minutes at a mall in Kingsport, Tennessee.
The air temperature was 77 degrees, but investigators said it was much warmer inside the car.
Officers said the puppy was found unresponsive and dehydrated.
Eventually, the suspects returned to their car, and officers were able to get the dog out.
It was treated at an emergency clinic and released to a local animal shelter.
- Italy earthquake survivors: "The future is finished"
- Updated Trump's immigration pivot a buzz kill for Coulter's book tour
- Updated Recovering heroin addict thanks officer who arrested her
- Updated John Krasinski on 'The Hollars': I 'stole' a trick from George Clooney
- Updated Bangladeshi police: Dhaka terror attack planner killed