EDENTON, CHOWAN COUNTY - A 16-year-old girl is recovering at a local hospital after a shooting Sunday night.
Police said 16-year-old Iyanna Roulac was taken to Vidant Medical Center in Greenville after being shot once in the abdomen. The shooting happened at about 10:26 p.m. Sunday at the intersection of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue and Twiddy Avenue in Edenton, according to investigators.
Police said Roulac, of Edenton, was in stable condition.
Officers encountered a large crowd at the scene and were questioning witnesses. Anyone with information is asked to call Edenton Police at 252-482-5144.
- New Was New Bern first in America to celebrate George Washington's birthday?
- Updated New Bern stab victim says he was accused of stealing drugs
- Updated Reports: Dolphins acquire TE Thomas from Jaguars
- Updated Trade of Cousins to Pelicans becomes official
- Updated Small plane crashes near Melbourne's Essendon airport