EDENTON, CHOWAN COUNTY - A 16-year-old girl is recovering at a local hospital after a shooting Sunday night.
Police said 16-year-old Iyanna Roulac was taken to Vidant Medical Center in Greenville after being shot once in the abdomen. The shooting happened at about 10:26 p.m. Sunday at the intersection of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue and Twiddy Avenue in Edenton, according to investigators.
Police said Roulac, of Edenton, was in stable condition.
Officers encountered a large crowd at the scene and were questioning witnesses. Anyone with information is asked to call Edenton Police at 252-482-5144.
- Updated Christopher Suggs takes action against gun violence in Kinston
- Updated Eerily quiet: 38 days of near-silence for stocks
- Updated Chris Brown arrest adds to troubled history
- Updated Predicted rainy forecast forces high schools to move more games
- Updated Poll: Clinton favorability slides to equal Trump