EDENTON, CHOWAN COUNTY - A 16-year-old girl is recovering at a local hospital after a shooting Sunday night.
Police said 16-year-old Iyanna Roulac was taken to Vidant Medical Center in Greenville after being shot once in the abdomen. The shooting happened at about 10:26 p.m. Sunday at the intersection of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue and Twiddy Avenue in Edenton, according to investigators.
Police said Roulac, of Edenton, was in stable condition.
Officers encountered a large crowd at the scene and were questioning witnesses. Anyone with information is asked to call Edenton Police at 252-482-5144.
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County
- Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County
- Greenville Hilton earns accolades thanks to guest satisfaction