BRIDGETON, CRAVEN COUNTY - Police said a Craven County car dealership has become a repeat target for a burglar, who has been making off with cars and cash.
Investigators said they got a call at about 7:20 a.m. Friday that Rowe's Quality Cars in Bridgeton was broken-into. When officers arrived, they found glass all over the ground. There was an alarm system installed but no beeping was audible; it may not have been on, police said.
The owner of the dealership, Bud Rowe, said the burglar ransacked his offices and stole $2,000. But investigators have not confirmed an exact amount.
According to police, the business has been broken into several times. Rowe told NewsChannel 12 Friday morning's break-in was the third in the past six months. Rowe said cars were stolen in the previous incidents. Two of those cars have been recovered and another vehicle was found burnt, investigators said.
Anyone with information in this case is asked to call Bridgeton Police at (252) 637-2033.
- Updated Trump's special guests for congressional speech hint at a focus on immigration
- Updated Muhammad Ali's son says he was detained at airport because he's Muslim
- Updated Don't expect this Asian tech giant to do a high-profile meeting with Trump
- Updated Deputy al Qaeda leader killed In Syria
- Updated India's economy shrugs off cash crisis to post 7% growth