WILLIAMSTON - Police are investigating the shooting death of a local 22-year-old man after a shooting at a public park.
Williamston Police were called Sunday at about 2 a.m. to Moratoc Park.
Officers found a large party there and were told that a shooting victim had been taken to a hospital.
The victim is Travis Freeman, from Oak City in Martin County.
Local residents said the party was thrown by a DJ originally from Williamston as a way to promote local artists. Residents said the crowd became rowdy and a fight broke out involving a gun.
A possible motive and suspects have not yet been released.
The Williamston Police Department is continuing to investigate this case and asks anyone with information to contact the Williamston Police Department at (252) 792-2124, Martin County Crime Stoppers at (252) 792-8800.
- Updated Pentagon sends ISIS options to White House
- Updated South Korea's THAAD missile defense system gets land swap approval
- Updated Warren Buffett: Red-hot market not in a bubble, still looks 'cheap'
- Updated Transgender boy wins girls' wrestling championship in Texas
- Updated Academy Awards kills off wrong person