WILLIAMSTON - Police are investigating the shooting death of a local 22-year-old man after a shooting at a public park.
Williamston Police were called Sunday at about 2 a.m. to Moratoc Park.
Officers found a large party there and were told that a shooting victim had been taken to a hospital.
The victim is Travis Freeman, from Oak City in Martin County.
Local residents said the party was thrown by a DJ originally from Williamston as a way to promote local artists. Residents said the crowd became rowdy and a fight broke out involving a gun.
A possible motive and suspects have not yet been released.
The Williamston Police Department is continuing to investigate this case and asks anyone with information to contact the Williamston Police Department at (252) 792-2124, Martin County Crime Stoppers at (252) 792-8800.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend