WILLIAMSTON - Police are investigating the shooting death of a local 22-year-old man after a shooting at a public park.
Williamston Police were called Sunday at about 2 a.m. to Moratoc Park.
Officers found a large party there and were told that a shooting victim had been taken to a hospital.
The victim is Travis Freeman, from Oak City in Martin County.
Local residents said the party was thrown by a DJ originally from Williamston as a way to promote local artists. Residents said the crowd became rowdy and a fight broke out involving a gun.
A possible motive and suspects have not yet been released.
The Williamston Police Department is continuing to investigate this case and asks anyone with information to contact the Williamston Police Department at (252) 792-2124, Martin County Crime Stoppers at (252) 792-8800.
- New Two adults arrested, charged with encouraging, enticing children's fight
- Updated Clinton: Trump's 'final target is democracy itself'
- Updated House Dems expand map as super PAC targets Montana
- Updated Child abducted in North Carolina, Amber Alert issued
- Updated GOP schedules RNC member call as Election Day approaches