GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - Police have identified the suspect accused of trying to rob a Subway restaurant with a shotgun.
Greenville police have arrested Willie James Woods, 36.
Officials say the attempted robbery happened around 5:00 Saturday evening, at the Subway on the 800 block of Moye Blvd. in Greenville.
Woods allegedly brought a shotgun into the restaurant and demanded money. However, police say he did not get any, and eventually ran away.
Vidant Police say they saw Woods enter hospital property and captured him. They also recovered the gun the suspect allegedly carried into the restaurant.
Woods has been charged with attempted robbery with a dangerous weapon and possession of a weapon of mass destruction.
He remains in the Pitt County Detention Center with a $150,000 bond.
- Updated Melania Trump to give two or three 'important speeches'
- Updated Former IU player alleges abuse at hands of Bob Knight
- Updated Drivers asked to be on watch as deer appear more on roadways
- Updated Man shot dead outside US Embassy in Kenya after knife attack
- Woman wins $1 million trying to teach husband a lesson about lotteries