GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - Police have identified the suspect accused of trying to rob a Subway restaurant with a shotgun.
Greenville police have arrested Willie James Woods, 36.
Officials say the attempted robbery happened around 5:00 Saturday evening, at the Subway on the 800 block of Moye Blvd. in Greenville.
Woods allegedly brought a shotgun into the restaurant and demanded money. However, police say he did not get any, and eventually ran away.
Vidant Police say they saw Woods enter hospital property and captured him. They also recovered the gun the suspect allegedly carried into the restaurant.
Woods has been charged with attempted robbery with a dangerous weapon and possession of a weapon of mass destruction.
He remains in the Pitt County Detention Center with a $150,000 bond.
- Updated Trump's special guests for congressional speech hint at a focus on immigration
- Updated Muhammad Ali's son says he was detained at airport because he's Muslim
- Updated Don't expect this Asian tech giant to do a high-profile meeting with Trump
- Updated Deputy al Qaeda leader killed In Syria
- Updated India's economy shrugs off cash crisis to post 7% growth