TOPSAIL BEACH, NC (WWAY) - Topsail Beach Police have identified a man who drowned off the coast Saturday.
Police Chief Sam Gervase says the victim was Stephen O'Rork, 36, who was vacationing from Greensboro.
Gervase says officers received a call at 12:49 p.m. Saturday from someone who thought they saw a body in the water. He says 40 minutes later, another call came in that people on the beach saw the body in the surf near the Jolly Roger Pier and brought it to shore.
Gervase says O'Rork leaves behind two young children.
For more information, visit WWAY.
- Body found along side of road in Jacksonville
- Law enforcement investigating deputy-involved shooting in Ayden
- Chocowinity soldier killed in action to be honored in NASCAR race
- Updated Tornado touches down in Sampson Co., warnings issued elsewhere
- Wood Ducks featured on Xfinity car for Charlotte race