GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - Police have identified the man killed when his SUV hit a light pole in Greenville Monday afternoon.
According to investigators, 63-year-old James Trice Jr. was traveling southeast on Arlington Blvd., when his vehicle drifted across the center lane. The SUV then jumped a curb, before hitting the light pole and some trees. The accident happened at 3:08 p.m., near the intersection of Arlington Blvd. and Turtle Creek Dr.
Police said Trice was transported to Vidant Medical Center, where he was later pronounced dead.
- Vietnam Traveling Memorial Wall arrives in Morehead City
- NOAA predicts above-average hurricane season for 2017
- Couple watches in horror as kittens tossed from moving car, run over
- Havelock Police, high school students explore the horrors of drunk driving
- Facility for developmentally disabled gets overhauled kitchen