GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - Greenville Police have identified a body discovered near East Carolina University's campus Tuesday.
According to detectives, 66-year-old Janet Clair Hill was found dead behind an electrical box near a Rite Aid Pharmacy at the corner of 14th Street and Charles Boulevard. A worker with ECU Facility Services discovered Hill's body at about 11:15 a.m. Tuesday.
An autopsy revealed that Hill died from apparent natural causes, said investigators.
Police said they believe Hill was a homeless woman. Detectives were able to notify family members in Norfolk, Va.
- Updated Officer pleads not guilty in Philando Castile killing
- Updated Will Trump get his commerce secretary?
- New One arrested, two wanted in Onslow County break-in
- Lenor County business to add 25 jobs, $4.5 million in investments
- Nunes: 'We still have not seen any evidence' of Trump campaign, Russia contact