GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - Greenville Police have identified a body discovered near East Carolina University's campus Tuesday.
According to detectives, 66-year-old Janet Clair Hill was found dead behind an electrical box near a Rite Aid Pharmacy at the corner of 14th Street and Charles Boulevard. A worker with ECU Facility Services discovered Hill's body at about 11:15 a.m. Tuesday.
An autopsy revealed that Hill died from apparent natural causes, said investigators.
Police said they believe Hill was a homeless woman. Detectives were able to notify family members in Norfolk, Va.
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Italy earthquake: Amid the rubble, a couple says 'I do'
- Updated Donald Trump: Mika must apologize for 'gang attack' on Pastor Mark Burns