CHARLOTTE - Charlotte-Mecklenburg police have identified the woman whose dismembered body was found in an abandoned car, as well as the person they suspected in her death.
A statement from police identified the woman as Mara Garcia, who turned 36 on Sunday. Her body was found after officers had the vehicle towed to police headquarters. Police were called to investigate after the abandoned vehicle had a strong smell coming from it.
Police also said 29-year-old Lenin Noel Turcios Corea was found dead Tuesday afternoon from an apparent suicide. Authorities identified Corea as a suspect in the woman's murder.
Detectives said Garcia and Corea were in a relationship and lived together.
- Updated Can Tokyo avoid the curse of the Olympics?
- Updated Trump: 'There could certainly be a softening' on immigration stance
- After gay couple's home is vandalized, a community rallies
- Potential Solar Farm stirring up controversy in Jones County
- Onslow County teachers participate in MindUP training