RIVER BEND, CRAVEN COUNTY - Police have identified a bicyclist who was seriously injured in a collision with an SUV in Craven County.
According to investigators, 52-year-old Kevin Wolfer, of River Bend, was in critical condition at Vidant Medical Center as of Monday.
Police said a 26-year-old woman was driving her SUV on U.S. 17 Business South in River Bend, near a Shell station, at about 4:15 p.m. Sunday. During that time, Wolfer was traveling on the shoulder area.
Wolfer then tried to cross both travel lanes to get to the center median, and went into the path of the SUV, according to police. The SUV driver hit the brakes and drove into the center median, but could not prevent her vehicle from crashing into the victim, police said.
No charges have been filed. The investigation is ongoing.
- Updated Suicide attacks kill dozens in Syrian city of Homs
- Updated Pence pledges to 'keep our end of the bargain' with top Jewish supporters
- Witness recalls moments before, after Olathe shooting
- Teen wants to be guardian of sister after both parents die
- Prosecutors question NYC mayor in federal probe