RIVER BEND, CRAVEN COUNTY - Police have identified a bicyclist who was seriously injured in a collision with an SUV in Craven County.
According to investigators, 52-year-old Kevin Wolfer, of River Bend, was in critical condition at Vidant Medical Center as of Monday.
Police said a 26-year-old woman was driving her SUV on U.S. 17 Business South in River Bend, near a Shell station, at about 4:15 p.m. Sunday. During that time, Wolfer was traveling on the shoulder area.
Wolfer then tried to cross both travel lanes to get to the center median, and went into the path of the SUV, according to police. The SUV driver hit the brakes and drove into the center median, but could not prevent her vehicle from crashing into the victim, police said.
No charges have been filed. The investigation is ongoing.
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal
- Demolition date set for old New Bern Days Inn
- Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms