WILSON COUNTY - Police in Wilson are investigating the circumstances around a woman being stabbed to death Friday afternoon. Police say they responded to the 2800 block of Herman Drive in reference to an unconscious person. Once there, they found 43-year-old Cynthia Speight dead. She had numerous stab wounds, police say.
Her husband, Mark Speight, was at the home and arrested for the murder of Cynthia Speight. Wilson Police are charging him with first degree murder and he is currently being held under no bond at the Wilson County Jail.
- Updated Kraft Heinz pulls plug on massive Unilever bid
- Updated Vice President Pence visits former Nazi concentration camp
- Priebus denies collusion between Trump campaign, Russian officials
- Bernstein: Trump's attacks on the press 'more treacherous' than Nixon's
- Syria ceasefire opens door for political solution, UN says