WILSON COUNTY - Police in Wilson are investigating the circumstances around a woman being stabbed to death Friday afternoon. Police say they responded to the 2800 block of Herman Drive in reference to an unconscious person. Once there, they found 43-year-old Cynthia Speight dead. She had numerous stab wounds, police say.
Her husband, Mark Speight, was at the home and arrested for the murder of Cynthia Speight. Wilson Police are charging him with first degree murder and he is currently being held under no bond at the Wilson County Jail.
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Amid Zika fears, Florida theme parks offer mosquito repellent
- New Vandemere Waterfront Park reopens five years after Hurricane Irene destruction
- Stand Up Outfitters 5th annual Colonial paddle board race