MOREHEAD CITY - A high school student was arrested for allegedly bringing drugs to campus and punching a resource officer after a struggle, police said.
According to investigators, 17-year-old Justin Hudnell, of Morehead City, brought marijuana to West Carteret High School Monday morning. A resource officer then confronted Hudnell about the drugs, police said. But during a struggle, the suspect allegedly punched the officer, before running off.
A K-9 officer and his dog tracked Hudnell into a wooded area, behind R-N-R Watercraft Repair on Wayne Drive in Morehead City, and he was arrested at about 11 a.m., police said.
The suspect was placed in jail under a $15,000 bond. He was charged with assault on a law enforcement officer, resist/obstruct/delay, possession with intent to sell/manufacture marijuana, attempting to steal criminal evidence. According to police, the last two charges were felonies.
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- A state politician voicing concerns over the Whitewater Center reopening following amoeba death
- Syria barrel bomb attack: At least 16 killed at wake in Aleppo