GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - With help from the Pitt County Sheriff's Office, Greenville Police said they have arrested a break-in suspect who fled to California when he heard he was wanted.
According to Sgt. Joe Friday of the Greenville Police Department, Marshall Harker, 22, of Ayden, broke into RedPhish Music and Bicycle Post, located at 425 S.E. Greenville Blvd. and 215 E. Arlington Blvd. respectively. The suspect allegedly stole two guitars and a Trek bicycle from the stores, valued at about $1,100. The crimes happened on March 7 and March 20, Sgt. Friday said.
When Harker heard he was being wanted, he fled to Los Angeles, Calif., Sgt. Friday told NewsChannel 12. But the L.A. Police Department were able to arrest him on April 25. He was extradited back to Greenville on May 13.
Harker was being held in the Pitt County Detention Center under a $50,000 secured bond. Most of the items he allegedly stole were found at pawn shops in Lenoir County, Sgt. Friday said.
Harker had been previously arrested for forgery, larceny, reckless driving, and drug violations, according to police.
- Updated Gold Star mom on Kaepernick: I see a flag that draped my son's casket
- Sudan Shriners to hold fundraiser to assist Louisiana flood victims
- Clinton at fundraiser: 'I do not know which Donald Trump will show up' at debates
- Updated Trump disavows robo-call from David Duke
- Chocowinity commissioner speaks out after assault charges