CRAVEN COUNTY - What could be worse than taking candy from a baby? How about taking cookie money from a Girl Scout troop leader? Police say a Havelock man did just that.
Ross Duffalla, 28, was arrested Wednesday for armed robbery at a BB&T Bank in Havelock. Cops say the cookie crook held up a Girl Scout troop leader Tuesday, and took two bags full of money she had from selling cookies.
Authorities were able to track down the stolen dough in just one day. Police said that interviews from eyewitnesses near the bank and an anonymous tip helped them to arrest the suspect.
The exact amount of money stolen was not revealed. The troop leader who was robbed could not be reached for comment. However, Girl Scout employees say they are glad the money was recovered.
Duffalla is being held at the Craven County Jail on a $250,000 bond.
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- Greenville Hilton earns accolades thanks to guest satisfaction
- Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County
- Lenoir County Sheriff's Office loses K-9 to medical issue
- Documents: Man tried to bite flight attendant before jumping out of plane in Charlotte