GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - Greenville Police tracked down and took into custody three armed robbery suspects just minutes after the crime was reported Sunday night.
Police arrested Timothy Jones, 22, Elijah Williams, 23, and Rodney Whitehurst, 20, Sunday night.
The owner of Big Daddy's Pizza on East 10th Street reported to police at approximately 8:15 p.m. that two robbers came into his store with handguns and forced him to the floor, police said.
The crooks demanded money, and got away with less than $100, police said.
An accomplice was reported to be waiting outside in a white Crown Victoria, police said.
The store owner was not hurt.
Witnesses gave responding officers a description of the suspects and their car, and within five minutes, GPD officers spotted and stopped a vehicle matching the description at the Shell gas station on 10th Street and Cedar Lane, according to police.
The three suspects were taken into custody for questioning.
"This is another great example of how the community and police worked together to fight crime," said Greenville Police spokeswoman Kristen Hunter.
- Updated Volkswagen agrees to compensate US dealers over emissions scandal
- Updated Lochte's presence is desired by Brazilian authorities
- Updated Heroin seizure a 'substantial' dent in opioid epidemic
- Updated Jimmy Carter, rebuilding after cancer
- New Binghamton University: 'Stop White People' event was 'ironic'