BURLINGTON, N.C. - Authorities in Burlington have filed charges against a woman who they say struck a mother and child with her vehicle as they walked through a hospital parking lot.
The Times-News of Burlington reports 26-year-old Stormie Vancil is charged with felony serious injury by vehicle and driving while impaired. She is being was held under a $500,000 bond, and it's not known if she has an attorney.
Burlington police said Melissa Flynn was struck around 2 a.m. Wednesday as she and the child were going to the rear of their vehicle at Alamance Regional Medical Center. According to police, the child went underneath the vehicle, and Flynn was knocked onto the hood.
Flynn was treated and released at the hospital. Her daughter was taken to UNC Hospitals in Chapel Hill.
- Election law doesn't care if Trump (or Clinton) ever concede
- Obama admits to laughing at Trump during debates
- How the GOP's first female presidential campaign manager manages Donald Trump
- Trump campaign launches nightly 'newscast' on Facebook
- More than 20 killed in attack on Pakistani police academy