New Bern Police tried to stop a driver during a traffic stop, but the man drove off.
Officers say he had crack cocaine.
Quentin Bryant was charged with possession with intent to sell and deliver cocaine.
Investigators say they tried to pull him over near the Outback restaurant in New Bern, but they say he kept driving to Union Point Park where he threw something out of his window.
Police say they later found the drugs when they searched the area.
- Updated Tropical Storm Matthew forms in the Caribbean could have impacts to Eastern North Carolina
- Updated Trump peddles Google conspiracy theory
- UPDATE: Missing 11-year-old North Carolina girl found safe
- CIA Director: We 'have to assume' terrorist activity in US
- Trump campaign talking points: Bring up Monica