New Bern Police tried to stop a driver during a traffic stop, but the man drove off.
Officers say he had crack cocaine.
Quentin Bryant was charged with possession with intent to sell and deliver cocaine.
Investigators say they tried to pull him over near the Outback restaurant in New Bern, but they say he kept driving to Union Point Park where he threw something out of his window.
Police say they later found the drugs when they searched the area.
- Updated Police monitoring crosswalks and school zones on first day
- Updated Mark Zuckerberg hopes to demo his AI butler next month
- Updated Woman sues Milwaukee Brewers over foul ball incident
- Updated Japan's first passenger jet had a nightmare weekend
- Updated Study: Most adults with depression aren't treated