BILLINGS, Mont. - A would-be car thief in Billings was caught over the weekend by an alert victim and a police dog.
Police Sgt. Clyde Reid says officers responded to a report of a vehicle theft just after 3 a.m. Sunday. The owner followed the stolen car in another vehicle.
The owner says the suspected thief crashed into his car at an intersection, pointed a handgun at him and fled. The victim was not injured.
A police dog located the suspected thief hiding nearby.
Reid tells The Billings Gazette that 26-year-old Travis Frasca was taken to the hospital for bites received during his capture. He was then taken to Yellowstone County jail, where he is being held on suspicion of robbery and felony assault.
- Tornado watch for most of Eastern NC canceled
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal
- Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms